About Me

My photo
Boston, MA, United States
" Enchant, stay beautiful and graceful, but do this, eat well. Bring the same consideration to the preparation of your food as you devote to your appearance. Let your dinner be like a poem. Just like your dress." -- Charles Pierre Monselet

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Restaurant Reviews

Giacomo’s Restaurant
431 Columbus Ave Boston
AWESOME place for pasta! However, they're only open for dinner. It is recommended that you call in to reserve or it'll be an hour wait even if it's only the 2 of you. Although the parking is seemingly impossible, the valet is super nice and the food is incredibly amazing. Have to order menu: fried calamari for appetizer, and the pasta with the mixture of lobster and uhmm diavlo( sounds like that) as the sauce. But don't expect to have a serious conversation in this place. I always find myself screaming trying to talk with my company. This place is purely for great staff and heavenly italian food.

The Buttery
314 Shawmut Ave
Boston
(617) 482-1015
A super cute coffee shop in the South End. It was 11am and the place was packed with people. They have always been famous for their cupcakes but surprisingly it wasn't much of a selection that day. Regardless however, this is the perfect place to experience true boston. FYI: Not a great place if you're not a dog lover. I on the other hand was happy with all the little cuties. Oh I was surprised to also see Alexis Blendel from Gilmore Girls trying to hide behind her celebrity shades. Although I was the only one who noticed her. haha.

Morton's Steakhouse
699 Boylston St
Boston
(617) 266-5858
Morton's is well known both within the states and internationally. So I was expecting alot when we went there for dinner. Much to my dissapointment, it did not look like the $$$$ restaurant open table described it as but looks very much like a sports bar. The waiter showed us the meat and fish options to choose from and I'm sure they had a good marketing strategy behind it, it didn't really work on me. I chose the sesame crusted tuna. I requested for half raw and was annoyed when it came fully cooked. The dressing was mediocre and I didn't finish it and had it packed for lunch the next day. I guess I shouldn't go to a steakhouse for fish in the first place. But from what I heard, the others were OK with their steak selection. We all agreed though that it didn't bring up to its name.

Oga's Sushi
915 Worcester Rd Natick
(508) 653-4338
The exterior of this place does not do justice to the restaurant. Although it's right next to a highway, I never ever even thought of dropping by to have some sushi for the 5 years I've been in Boston. It looks sketchy and would honestly be the last place I would consider consuming raw fish. But a friend suggested to go and I was pleasantly pleased by the ambience of it as you enter. One tip however, DO NOT order the teppanyaki meal. The sauce is bland, the chicken and shrimp over cooked. Not to mention it's pretty expensive. However, the sushi was satisfying and the contents incredibly fresh. Especially the Spicy Scallop.

No comments:

Post a Comment