About Me

My photo
Boston, MA, United States
" Enchant, stay beautiful and graceful, but do this, eat well. Bring the same consideration to the preparation of your food as you devote to your appearance. Let your dinner be like a poem. Just like your dress." -- Charles Pierre Monselet

Friday, March 6, 2009

Spring 09 List

Every fashionista needs a seasonal shopping list. With what's going on in the economy today, I realized that sticking to a list of must have items are actually a good way to remain focused in what you need. ( Well want and need in this case is the same thing). So despite the depressing downturn, you can still update your closet in a more reasonal way.

So following are the items I have gradually crossed out and purchased. Let's start with the items bought to show my accomplishment in welcoming the finally pretty weather. (By pretty, I mean sun and above 40 degrees)

1. Boyfriend Jeans, American Eagle, $50
I found these amazing pair from AE. I've been debating whether or not splurging on Current Elliot boyfriend jeans would be worth it. Definitely not. These AEs are comfortable, fits perfectly (not too baggy), and the price is the best part. I can't wait to rock them with my new motorcycle sandal heels, a white tee, black blazer and THE Bottega bag. Ofcourse when the weather outside reaches above 55 degrees for more than half the day. Doubtful that it's anytime soon.

2. Distressed Skinny Jeans, American Eagle, $50
I fell in love with the pair that Nicole Richie have been wearing. I believe it's Current Elliot at the price point of almost $300. So I was more than happy when I found these in AE as well. They're more on the lighter wash, but the fit is amazing... not to mention I could fit into a size 0 skinny jeans. Can't miss out on that.

3. Grey Scarf, Louis Vuiton, FREE
I'm a HUGE scarf fan. Weird enough, I have every color except grey. I've been searching for the perfect one and was about to purchase one when I realized it was a little more than my budget (Yigal Azrouel, $480) so I waited and BEHOLD! I received an LV grey/silver silk scarf as one of my birthday presents. The size, the color, the material, ( and also the designer) was perfectttttt.

4. Statement Skirt, Yigal Azrouel, $XXX
Well this one was a big splurge. But the way I reasoned it out was that a girl should always have a long lasting skirt that you can wear from season to season, and perhaps vintage-fy it and pass it down to your daughter. This reasoning worked out well for the gorgeous YA that I purchased. It's a stunning blue, with pleated ruffles, and an unexpected zipper at the back. Because it's still freezing out, I wore it with black tights, heels, and a cardigan. It looks amazinggggg. Wore it once and got probably 10 compliments during the day.

5. Blue Dress, Zara $60
I've been looking for a specific blue color for a dress that I can wear during the winter and transition into spring. This dress fulfilled the criteria. I wore it out with black tights, leopard print peeptoes, and a leather jacket. It looks Tres Chic. It'll look amazing too with a white tank underneath it, skinny gold belt, and gladiator sandals for a more casual, spring-summer look.

6. Motorcycle Sandal, Pour La Victoire, $XXX
It was love at first sight for these babies. Ever since the Manolos in Sex & the City were shown, I wanted my very own. (But a significantly less pricey onces too) Not only are the ones I got look amazing, it's light weight, and extremely comfortable too. I like the fact that it has no hardware on it. Because it makes me self concious whenever I mix metals. Silvers with golds doesn't work for me.

7. Lovequotes Scarf, FREE
I've wanted a lovequotes scarf eversince it became big. But the ample selection of colors are just too difficult for me to narrow down. But it was yet another surprise when I got one from my good friends. Not to mention it was one of my fave colors!


Purchases to go:

1. Black Flats, Sue London

2. Bandage Dress, Marciano

3. High Top Studded Sneakers, Converse
Aren't these amazing?


OH WOW... 3 purchases to go till I'm done with my spring list. I should start working on my summer one. Haaa...

No comments:

Post a Comment