About Me

My photo
Boston, MA, United States
" Enchant, stay beautiful and graceful, but do this, eat well. Bring the same consideration to the preparation of your food as you devote to your appearance. Let your dinner be like a poem. Just like your dress." -- Charles Pierre Monselet

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Restaurant Week Boston- Aquitaine

Aquitane
569 Tremont St
Boston, MA 02118
(617) 424-8577

Mediocre was to say the best about this place. Honestly, I was expecting much more. Upon entering the cozy french bistro, u determine your mind that the dining experience would be wonderful. For me personally however, Aquitane did not fulfill the first impression it gives its customers.
I started out with a request of Risling. In which they didn’t have. But the waiter was nice enough to offer me something similar. (Remy Parrier, Vallee des Fardins 2007) It ended up being the best tasting wine ever. I decided to skip the Prix Fixe menu and order the Crispy Salmon with vinegrette. The fish was amazingly fresh as it melts upon each bite. The dressing accompanying it however, was not as great. It was way too salty. I decided to order a dessert to neutralize the taste. I ordered Profiteroles with vanilla bean ice cream, hot chocolate sauce. Much to my disappointment, what came were little cold puffs with vanilla ice cream sandwiched in between. Honestly, I prefer Costco cream puffs. I didn’t finish it.
On a positive note, the waiter and wait staff were so friendly and welcoming. And made my dining experience at Aquitane not as disappointing as it would be. Total check for the night? $45.
Food: 2
Quality: 4
Presentation: 2
Price: 3
Service:5

Rating: 3.2


Outfit for the night
Yigal Azrouel Leather Jacket + Yigal Azrouel Purple Skirt + Jimmy Choo Silver Clutch + Pour La Victoire Motorcycle Heels

No comments:

Post a Comment