About Me

My photo
Boston, MA, United States
" Enchant, stay beautiful and graceful, but do this, eat well. Bring the same consideration to the preparation of your food as you devote to your appearance. Let your dinner be like a poem. Just like your dress." -- Charles Pierre Monselet

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Restaurant Week Boston- Marliave

Marliave
10 Bosworth St
Boston, MA 02108

Marliave was hidden in the corner of a sketchy alleyway off in the Beacon Hill area. Upon entering the restaurant, the creaky door and staircase gave me a bad first impression right away but I later then found out that it’s been around for over 100 years. Although the service was pretty bad, (the waitress didn’t even know how to describe the entrée that I ordered) the food was generally good. And best of all, it was of a generous portion. Perfect to satisfy my then growling stomach. I started off with the lobster bisque. It was light and that of the perfect flavoring. Not too tasty neither too bland. Then the trout served as my entrée. The trout was creatively presented by having 2 thin fried pieces of it to sandwich the sautéed spinach and tomatoes. It was the perfect combination of ingredients with the sweetness of the tomatoes contrasting the salty dressing and the fried trout. I liked the fact that there was that extra crispiness as you take each bite of the fish. I finished off my meal with the chocolate cake dessert with vanilla ice cream. It was generally good but then again most chocolate cakes are. Overall, it was a really interesting experience being in a building that had such a long history behind it. I just wished that they could have embraced the history in their décor and ambience even further.
Food: 4
Quality: 4
Presentation: 3
Service: 2
Ambience: 1
Rating: 2.8

Outfit for the Night:
Club Monaco Blazer + No Brand Tunic + Romeo & Juliet Leather Leggings + Marc Jacobs Clutch + PVL Heels
I finally joined in the leather leggings fashion craze! Although the craze is fading away, that's when it's even more great...oh and also, those PVL Heels has got to retire. I've been wearing them with all my outfits this week!

2 comments:

  1. Marlene! It's Alex Talbott! Cool website!

    how come you don't show your eyes in any of the fashion pics lol?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to go to skipjacks and try that wasabi salmon!

    ReplyDelete