About Me

My photo
Boston, MA, United States
" Enchant, stay beautiful and graceful, but do this, eat well. Bring the same consideration to the preparation of your food as you devote to your appearance. Let your dinner be like a poem. Just like your dress." -- Charles Pierre Monselet

Friday, March 27, 2009

Restaurant Week Boston- Top of the Hub

800 Boylston St # 52
Boston, MA 02116

I regretted closing my 2 weeks of Resto Week mararthon at Top of the Hub. The only reason I went there was for the gorgeous view and to take advantage of the unreasonably priced menu with the Resto Week specials of $33 ++. This was my third time here and indeed I always enjoy the ambience. However, for all three times, I was always directed to the bar to wait for my table. I mean, you cannot not order anything when you’re hogging the counter space. I ended up ordering my typical Mojito. And it was oh so gooood. This was my new favorite place for my usual drink. ( the Mojitos just keep on getting better and better from one place to another) We got our table 30 minutes later and was slightly disappointed to be tucked in a corner instead of by the windows where you can enjoy the whole view of Boston.
The Resto Week menu was very minimal. I started off with the clam chowder, excited for the typical Boston cream like soup. What came was a tomato based soup filled with potatoes and non visible clams. I was confused for a while and then accepted the fact that I had ordered a modified version of the famous chowder. Although I vowed to order something else other than fish, I didn’t have a choice (I don’t eat red meat) and ended up with the order of the spicy flaked salmon. It was terrible. I had a third of my fish and gave up. It had a weird mixture of sweet miso like paste underneath the fish and the base sauce did not complement each other at all. There was a tangy, sweet, sour confusing flavoring. It's usually very hard for me to be unimpressed of a salmon dish. But this has got to be one of the worst. I closed the meal with an order of the crème brule. This was the only good part of the meal. It was of a large size in which I could only finish half. But I do have to admit it’s one of the best brules I’ve ever tried. Overall, if it wasn’t for the gorgeous view and the company of my lovely friends, I would be pissed that I ended up spending $50 for a meal I hardly touched…
Food:2
Presentation:2.5
Quality:2
Service:4
Ambience:5

Rating:3.1



Outfit for the Night: (I'm on the right. Sorry my outfit's not very visible)
Adam white tee + American Apparel Bandage Skirt + Grey Tights + Yigal Azroeul Leather Jacket + Fendi B Bag + PLV heels

No comments:

Post a Comment