About Me

My photo
Boston, MA, United States
" Enchant, stay beautiful and graceful, but do this, eat well. Bring the same consideration to the preparation of your food as you devote to your appearance. Let your dinner be like a poem. Just like your dress." -- Charles Pierre Monselet

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Restaurant Reviews

Met Bar & Grill
Natick Mall, Natick

Only recommendation, Met Fries! The best fries I've ever had. And a very generous portion too! Other than that, their menu isn't as appetizing. Had the Alaskan King Crab Club and was nothing special. Spent $30+ for half the fries, Club sandwich and diet coke. Not worth it even with the perfect fries.

Rustic Kitchen
210 Stuart Street, Boston

I love the whole ambience of Rustic. They had pasta as part of their decor and their menu obviously focuses on pasta. I had the Seafood Fradiavalo. It looks small, but I didn't even finish half of it. The flavoring was rich and the pasta was not as well cooked in my opinion. On the other hand, the lobster was overcooked. But the shrimp was perfect. What facinates me is the "spoonless" plate that they serve their pasta in. There's a little hole at the side in which you can twirl your pasta in. Creative and would never think of that. The service was terrible. I was asked 4 times whether I was done with my food when I obviously still had 3/4 of it on the plate. Other than that though, I would highly recommend the sangria. It was deliciously sweet and consisted of a variety of fresh fruits. The appetizers here are huge too and can be regarded as an entree. I would recommend the Mushroom Pizza! Oleana
134 Hampshire St, Cambridge

Cute little place located on the side roads of Cambridge. I usually hate looking for parking in Cambridge, but there was ample street parking by the restaurant. A big plus for me since I don't have to pay $20 for valet. The place was cute and cozy, and the food delish. I had the Moroccan Fish Stew. I usually don't like anything with tomato flavor but this was gooood. My friend had the chicken and it was even better! Tasty and tender. The best chicken I've ever had. It also pleases me the creative plating that the chef presented the dishes in. Although I was stuffed, I HAD to order their dessert. After all, Oleana did win Best Pastry Chef. I had the Chocolate Souffle but what turned out was Vanilla Ice cream with a chocolate like ganache as the topping, and sides of peaches and jelly to compliment everything. It was heavenly and impressive how they made out something so simply ( vanilla ice cream) into art both for the eyes and tongue. LOVED IT. Zaftigs Delicatessen
355 Harvard Ave, Brookline

There's usually long lines infront for this famous Jewish restaurant especially for breakfast. And although I've only been there once, I loveeeee the banana stuffed french toast with berries on top. It's that of a huge portion thus the $8 price tag for it. Very satisfying. Won't recommend the eggs tho. The omellete was tasteless and the only reason me and my roomate ordered it was to fulfill eating something egg during Easter breakfast. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment