About Me

My photo
Boston, MA, United States
" Enchant, stay beautiful and graceful, but do this, eat well. Bring the same consideration to the preparation of your food as you devote to your appearance. Let your dinner be like a poem. Just like your dress." -- Charles Pierre Monselet

Sunday, April 5, 2009

The origins of the Ballet Flat


Repetto, London Sole, Sue London

According to Wikipedia, the essence of the ballet flat has existed at least the 16th century, in which both men and women wore. It'll be VERY entertaining to see a guy pull those flats that are now a staple for every girl's shoe collection. The ballet flats began with the launch of Repetto and were brought into the fashion world by the request of style icon, Brigitte Bardot in 1956 for her movie role. She then requested it to be personalizedfor daily wear. Ever since Repetto, designers high and low end came flocking in designs to transform The Ballet Flat. Those amongst my people's favorites are Repetto, London Sole, Sue London. Although they kept true to the authenticity of the ballet flats, they were harder to purchase in a physical store here in Boston. So with my bad luck of online measurements of shoes ( referencing back to my awesome black flats post- in which i ended up hating the ballet flats), I usually end up purchasing more generic brands like Tory Burch reva flats, and Ferragamo varina flats for their wide availability and trust worthy quality. Although success with both, I am still in constant search of the classic black flats ALA ballet flats style. With no hardware, just plain black; classic. I decided to go to the Royalty of classic. Chanel. Although a big splurge, the Chanel Ballerines Black Flats I purchased were well worth it. Not only did the flats make my feet look long and narrow, it was amazingly comfortable. Oh and also, it's Chanels. Need I say more? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment